se·nior·i·tis (sē-nyər-ˈī-təs) noun.

A common disease which plagues high school seniors at one point during their last year in high school.

Symptoms: laziness, excessive procrastination, repeated absenses, dismissive attitude, etc.

Cure: Graduation.



Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Senioritis Has Struck, Welcome to my Blog!

Looking back on the past three years of high school, I never would have imagined that this much stress could occur in a year that is supposed to be meant for such joy and excitement. When you are in 9th or 10th grade you're not even thinking about your senior year or college yet, well at least I wasn't anyways. Before you know it, it just jumps right into getting serious and planning your future out in 11th and 12th grade. I am quite sure it’s a huge transition from being in the same place, with the same people doing the same things to separating yourself  and doing your own thing and I know I can't be the only one completely terrified to go to college and be away from my friends and family. During your senior year there are just so many tasks piling up that need to be accomplished, so many events that need to be remembered, so many people that need your attention and so much paperwork that needs to be filled out. It definitely gets overwhelming, stressful and tiring. There comes a time during your senior year when mostly all of the seniors just slack off, don’t do their work, get lazy, procrastinate, become increasingly absent and just stop trying. This is known as senioritis. As a senior I am here to help those fellow seniors and select underclassmen that are also in the same boat as I am, and push through this disease, keep the motivation high and to help survive through this senioritis.

No comments:

Post a Comment